The High Court Thursday extended orders barring the arrest of businessman Jimmy Wanjigi.
Justice Enoch Chacha Mwita issued the directive and declined to vary the anticipatory bail terms he had earlier granted him.
“Regarding the bail terms, I see no reason to review terms at the moment, consequently orders are hereby extended,” said Justice Mwita.
State counsel told the court that the Director of Public Prosecutions and the Inspector General of Police have no objection to the grant of anticipatory bail.
They explained that the same has to be varied considering the seriousness of the nature of the offence being investigated.
And without disclosing the offence that Mr Wanjigi is being investigated for, he claimed that the bond terms should be strict in such circumstances.
In case documents, the police claimed that they raided a house belonging to the Kwacha group of companies that is associated with Mr Wanjigi, a day after being informed that illegal firearms had been kept there.
They disclosed having recovered five firearms, 94 bullets, three spent cartridges and a turtle shell in the October 16 raid which was also recorded at the Malindi Police Station.
At the Muthaiga house no 44, they found five pistols, two assault rifles and 646 bullets in the kitchen ceiling.
Mr Wanjigi’s father, brother as well as lawyer Willis Otieno were present at the Muthaiga residence when police arrived.
Police claimed to have received information about the firearms from Mr Wanjigi’s employees and that they raided his residence at Muthaiga to interrogate him about the recovered firearms.
The police faulted the Wanjigis for failing to open the doors of the main doors even after their security guards had allowed them into the compound.
“As a consequence, police used reasonable force to gain access and entry into the premises for purposes of executing the search warrants,” said the State counsel.
The sued parties claimed that Mr Wanjigi must co-operate with investigators and present himself before the police for interrogation as well as not leave the country.
The couple sued Inspector-General of Police Joseph Boinnet and the Director of Public Prosecutions, Keriako Tobiko, following the police raids.