To help companies support their quote-to-cash process in the Cloud, Oracle has expanded its Supply Chain Management Cloud with two new products — Oracle Order Management Cloud and Oracle Global Order Promising Cloud.
These two products provide modern order promising, management, visibility and fulfilment capabilities, and link the existing quote and sales process in Oracle Configure, Price, and Quote Cloud and the pick, pack and ship processes in Inventory Cloud to billing in Oracle ERP Cloud.
In the past, these processes were often siloed, particularly when some elements operated in the Cloud and some did not. This made it difficult for companies to create a virtually seamless, transparent business flow, causing revenue leakage, high days sales outstanding, and customer dissatisfaction.
With these two new products in the Oracle Supply Chain Management Cloud, Oracle can now deliver a complete quote-to-cash Cloud solution to drive enhanced customer experience, revenues, and margins.
“With the introduction of Oracle Order Management Cloud and Oracle Global Order Promising Cloud, customers can now run their entire quote-to-cash process in the Oracle Cloud,” said Jon Chorley, group vice president of supply chain management product strategy, Oracle.
“By delivering an enterprise-class order management platform, which is also matched with quoting, sales, fulfilment and billing all in the Oracle Cloud, our customers can deliver uncompromising efficiency, satisfaction and performance.”
Oracle Order Management Cloud
Oracle Order Management Cloud is an order capture and fulfilment Cloud solution that is tightly integrated with Oracle Global Order Promising Cloud. It is designed to improve order handling across the order-to-cash process. Pre-integration, centrally-managed orchestration policies, global availability and fulfilment monitoring can enable increased customer satisfaction and order profitability.
- Key business benefits include:
- Centralized Order Monitoring: Centralized view of orders allows users to search for orders, view statuses, see a summary of exceptions of customer, product, or supplier, and drill into the data to view additional details.
- Manage Order Exceptions: Proactively identify orders that may not meet promise dates and take corrective actions and avoid customer dissatisfaction. Prioritize back orders to maximize key fulfilment metrics.
- Execute Against Predictable Order Orchestration Policies: Business users can define, implement and maintain their own fulfilment orchestration policies without the need to resort to technical programming tools decreasing systems cost and minimizing IT complexity.
- Change Management: Centralized change order logic supports consistent handling of order changes and revisions across all orders reducing order errors and processing costs.
Oracle Global Order Promising Cloud
Oracle Global Order Promising Cloud provides fast, accurate, automated order promising capability on the Cloud to source and schedule each order line to help minimize fulfilment costs and maximize customer service.
- Key business benefits include:
- Take Control of Fulfilment Sources, Timing and Delivery: Matches demand with available inventory, inbound shipments, purchase orders and requisitions, considers all potential supply sources and leverages future supply.
- Respond to Changing Business Conditions: Can handle most orders in “lights out” fashion, enforcing corporate fulfilment policies while saving money on administration, inventory and logistics costs.
- Select the Lowest Cost Delivery Method that Meets the Customer Need: Selects the best delivery source and method with the lowest total fulfilment costs to meet the customer’s deliver date while improving margins and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Support Multiple Fulfilment Options: Expands fulfilment options to include inbound supply, manufacturing capacity and supplier availability to leverage all available sources and stay competitive.
- Limit Availability of High Demand Items: Demand classes identify a specific quantity, percentage or ratio of supply with a particular customer or channel and restrict orders for limited items to those groups you specify.
Oracle Order Management Cloud and Oracle Global Order Promising Cloud’s Integration with Oracle CPQ and Oracle ERP Cloud
Oracle’s quote-to-cash solution is an end-to-end business process that integrates Oracle Order Management Cloud and Oracle Global Promising Cloud with Oracle CPQ Cloud and Oracle ERP Cloud, connecting the sales, fulfilment and finance organizations.
Oracle’s streamlined automated quote-to-cash process helps reduce complexity and IT costs by eliminating bottlenecks and errors for the end-to-end flow across sales, fulfilment and finance organizations. It is designed to increase an organization’s overall sales effectiveness which is critical to improving their customer experience, revenues and margins.
It is an integrated, flexible, scalable solution allowing organizations to automate the entire business process. Integration of these key business functions can improve order accuracy, drive fulfilment efficiency, reduce billing errors and strengthen revenue recognition processes.
Sales effectiveness can increase as the selling experience is personalized to the customer, offering targeted content, offers, bundles, up-sells and cross-sell. This can in turn increase customer retention and lead to more profitable sales as well as prices that are optimized for each customer.